||Renewable Energy Engineering and Management
||University of Freiburg
||Above average qualification* (B.Sc., [German] Diploma) in:
- Engineering (electrical engineering, energy management, process engineering, microsystems technology, mechanical engineering or environmental engineering) OR
- Natural sciences OR
- Applied life sciences (Forest or environmental sciences).
* = a CGPA/grade of 2.5 in the German grading system is required at least. Applications with CGPA/grade > 2.5 will not be considered for the selection process.
Very good English language skills (TOEFL paper-based 600 points, computer-based 250 points, internet-based 100 points, IELTS band 7; TOEFL should not be older than 2 years)
The concept of the M.Sc. in Renewable Energy Engineering and Management is based on the following fundamental considerations:
- The course enables students to avail themselves of innovation in the field of renewable energy and to implement the concept of sustainable development for practical business purposes.
- Technical know-how and an awareness of societal problems are necessary qualifications, but are not of themselves sufficient. Additional management qualifications are required. These include technical knowledge, multidisciplinary ability in terms of team development, presentation and project management.
- The degree course is practical and problem-focused (projects, case studies, internship, a Master’s thesis on practical and relevant themes carried out in cooperation with industrial partners).
|Link to Institution
University of Freiburg. “Programme.” — M.Sc. Renewable Energy Engineering and Management. University of Freiburg, n.d. Web. 30 May 2016.